Amidst choking competition and sharp rise in cost of doing business, Bay Area restaurant owners are under the pressure cooker and feeling the fire.
Do you know that many investor- and family-owned restaurants here in the San Francisco Bay Area are paying significantly more in taxes than they should? SLD has helped restaurants of all kinds manage their tax exposure over the past 70+ years. Our established restaurant practice has tax specialists available to work with you to uncover strategies that will improve your bottom line.
We are proud to be affiliated in the industry with local restaurant leaders like Gary Danko.
“The one firm we trust to handle our tax and accounting matters is Shea Labagh Dobberstein. They are excellent restaurant accountants.”
– Gary Danko, San Francisco
Our tax accountants can steer you to utilizing effective tax strategies including the following:
- Claiming and receiving credit for taxes the owner(s) pay on tips
- Deducting the cost of equipment and smallwares used in your restaurant
- Managing and benefiting from the cost segregation process
- Managing sales and use tax; identifying fully deductible meals provided to your staff
- Deferring income from gift cards
A few of our clients include: Amici’s, Alioto’s, Scott’s Seafood, New England Lobster, Tartine Bakery and SPQR.
Our investor-owned restaurants also appreciate our ability to get their K-1s and tax returns completed early.
Contact our Restaurant Practice today for more information on how we can save you money.