one of the most well-respected and longest-standing CPA firms in the Bay Area
When not executed properly, employee benefit plan audits can be confusing, expensive, and laborious. As one of the most well-respected and long-standing independent CPA firms in the region, Shea Labagh Dobberstein can guide your San Bruno business through the complexities of 401 (k) audits. We take a proactive approach to help you offer effective plans that successfully benefit participants while also minimizing your cost, effort, and risk. Annually, SLD provides audit services for over 100 employee benefits plans. We’re proud to have earned seven consecutive “unmodified” peer reviews without comments from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), a distinction that puts us among the top 10% of accounting firms in the nation.
SLD is always available to consult with us on happenings with our businesses and works with us to ensure we are making the best tax decisions for our situation.
– Sarah Trauner, President, SWT Consulting
We have extensive expertise in a range of industries, including real estate, manufacturing, construction, logistics, distribution, wholesale, food and beverage, and professional services. Our focused employee benefit plan audits go beyond meeting the minimal requirements. They also provide the following benefits:
- ■ Technical expertise – Your audit will be performed by an experienced member of our team who specializes in 401 (k) audits.
- ■ Cost efficiency – Our firm is small enough to avoid the overhead and unnecessary staffing that you find at many larger firms, which allows us to offer the most competitive pricing in the Bay Area.
- ■ Clear communication – Our audits are structured so you receive 1:1 communication between your SLD auditor and plan administrator. This avoids confusion, optimizes efficiency, and ensures you can continue to focus on your business operations.
- ■ Timeliness assurance – Our 401 (k) audits are designed and implemented to follow a detailed workflow schedule.
America’s Top Recommended Tax & Accounting Firms
Our high quality control standards and responsive service have received numerous accolades. We were ranked on Forbes magazine’s 2020 list of “America’s Top Recommended Tax & Accounting Firms,” and were named a “Top 200 Firm” and “Best of Best Firm” in 2020 by INSIDE Public Accounting. This recognition speaks to the skill and expertise of our team, many of whom have decades of experience, like Principal Robert “Bob” Zurcher.
Bob brings with him over thirty years of experience providing audit and assurance services, and has worked in a diverse range of industries with companies in varying stages of growth. He assists his clients in everything from resolving complex accounting and financial reporting issues associated with SEC reporting requirements to capital stock transactions and business combinations. Bob is a former audit partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers and has expertise in numerous industries, with specializations in financial reporting & assurance and mergers & acquisitions.