over 75 years of experience in the greater Bay Area
Employee benefit plan audits can be confusing, expensive, and laborious if they’re not executed properly. Shea Labagh Dobberstein provides 401(k) audits and has over 75 years of experience in the greater Bay Area. As one of the most well-respected and longest-standing CPA firms in the region, your Daly City organization can fully rely on our expert team to guide you through the complexities of employee benefit plan audits and mitigate your risk. Annually, we perform audit services for over 100 employee benefit plans and are among the top 10% of accounting firms in the U.S. to have the distinction of receiving seven consecutive “unmodified” peer reviews without comments from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
SLD is always available to consult with us on happenings with our businesses and works with us to ensure we are making the best tax decisions for our situation.
– Sarah Trauner, President, SWT Consulting
America’s Top Recommended Tax & Accounting Firms
In addition, our firm has received recognition from Forbes magazine, earning us a ranking on their 2020 and 2021 list of “America’s Top Recommended Tax & Accounting Firms.” We were also named a “Top 200 Firm” and “Best of Best Firm” in 2020 by INSIDE Public Accounting. As a leader in 401(k) audits, SLD goes beyond basic compliance requirements. We work to ensure the plans you provide benefit you as the sponsor, as well as your participants. Our employee benefit plan audit services provide:
- ■ Technical expertise – Your audit will be conducted by a seasoned practitioner who will be your key point of contact throughout the audit process.
- ■ Cost efficiency – Our prices are competitive due to the lack of overhead and layers of staff found at some larger firms.
- ■ Clear communication – Our audits are structured with 1:1 communication between you, your auditor, and your plan administrator to avoid confusion and optimize efficiency.
- ■ Timeliness assurance – There’s no need to worry about deadlines. Our audits are designed and implemented to follow a detailed workflow schedule.
Our auditors have extensive experience providing 401(k) audits, with expertise in real estate, manufacturing, construction, logistics, distribution, wholesale, food and beverage, and professional services. Many of our team members bring with them decades of experience, like Principal Robert “Bob” Zurcher. Bob, a former audit partner for PricewaterhouseCoopers, has been providing audit and assurance services for more than 30 years. He’s worked with companies in varying stages of growth and is skilled at assisting clients with resolving complex accounting and financial reporting issues associated with SEC reporting requirements, capital stock transactions, and business combinations.