M&A Support Services
Privately-held companies often undertake debt financings, transitions in ownership or other complex transactions. SLD has a multi-disciplinary team of experienced specialists who guide the firm’s clients through these situations with a proven track record of maximizing value and minimizing risk.
The purchase or sale of a division or entire company is one of the single most important transactions an organization can take. Managed well, the process can lead to an extremely positive outcome for both buyer and seller. Managed poorly, the process is likely to fail. SLD has the experience and technical expertise to guide clients through the accounting and financial labyrinth of the M&A process. On the sell-side, SLD’s principals have managed numerous transactions for clients, providing guidance on such matters as:
- Setting up the sale process
- Understanding valuation metrics
- Issuing pre-sale financial statement audits and reviews
- Planning effective tax strategies for the seller
- Structuring working capital purchase price adjustments and earn-outs
- Working with investment bankers and transactional attorneys
- Reviewing “indications of interest” and “letters of intent”
- Prepping for due diligence and providing liaison with the buyer’s diligence team
- Preparing disclosure schedules
- Quarterbacking the closing
- Analyzing post-close working capital and earn out disputes
On the buy-side, SLD’s principals have conducted buy-side financial statement and taxation due diligence for hundreds of private equity and strategic buyer clients. As such, SLD can help clients plan and execute an internal diligence process and, where appropriate, refer clients to the firm’s best-in-class financial diligence affiliates.