Shea Labagh Dobberstein offers complete turnaround services for troubled San Mateo companies, led by experienced finance professionals. Founded in 1944, we are one of the longest-standing and well-respected CPA firms in the Bay Area. We’ve business enterprises through 12 recessions with accounting and other financial reporting services. Our extensive expertise in a range of industries, includes real estate, manufacturing, construction, logistics, distribution, wholesale, food and beverage, and professional services.
Our financial advisory services group provides turnaround services in the following areas:
- Thirteen-week cash flow projections
- Preparation of financial schedules and other statements for lenders and investors
- Analysis of cost structure and capital structure
- Analysis of inventory, accounts receivables, and accounts payables
- Assistance in obtaining debt and/or equity funding when appropriate
- Coordination with lenders, investors, and other stakeholders
- Project management for companies looking to exit private equity or strategic buyers
- Task force leadership coordinating management, auditors and attorneys
SLD has approximately 100 employees in three Bay Area offices, with a five-to-one staff to leadership ratio. This allows us to be highly responsive to our clients year-round, providing the personalized benefits of a small CPA firm. We’re also a member of DFK International, which gives us access to a global network of independent CPAs and advisory firms, as well as accounting, tax, and advisory resources in over 90 countries. This enables us to provide you with the broader services of a large firm, while still remaining attentive to your needs.
America’s Top Recommended Tax & Accounting Firms
Many of our financial advisors have decades of experience providing turnaround services to troubled companies. Our Financial Advisory Services practice is headed by Principal Bill Wright, CTA, MBA, who previously served as SLD’s senior M&A consultant. Before SLD, Bill has a 30-year career as an M&A accounting and finance executive, a turnaround CFO, a turnaround private equity investor, and a banker. In addition to Financial Advisory Services, Bill also specializes in Financial Due Diligence and Analysis and M&A Project Management. Due to the expertise of team members like Bill, our CPA firm has consistently earned recognition for the excellence of our services. This includes being named on Forbes magazine’s 2020 list of “America’s Top Recommended Tax & Accounting Firms,” as well as a “Top 200 Firm” and 2020 “Best of Best Firm” by INSIDE Public Accounting.